Educational Psychology Service
We are a team of registered Practitioner Psychologists equipped with the skills to assess children and young people and provide evidence based interventions and advice. We provide training to schools to build capacity, skilling up key staff to work more effectively with children and young people. We also advise on strategies and interventions to assist schools with their applications for Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
We provide contextual assessments to inform CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) with accurate data in relation to difficulties. With extensive expertise in the psychological aspects of learning and child development, behaviour and mental health, a wide range of therapeutic interventions have been developed to support children and young people at tiers 1-2.
How we can support you
- Access to a team of highly regarded and experienced psychologists with an understanding and experience of working in Shropshire schools
- Access to advice and interventions to support the learning, behaviour and mental health of children and young people
- Access to advice on the evaluation of the graduated response to support the submission of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) request
- Access to whole school or targeted training programmes to build capacity in the area of special educational needs
- Tailored support to meet the learning and social and emotional needs of the children and young people in your setting
- Support for school staff
- Value for money with a flexible approach for groups of smaller schools.
- Access to targeted support for therapeutic interventions at tiers 1-2
- Access to expert advice 0-25
- A customised package of support to meet the needs of the school
- A named link educational psychologist with access to specialist advice for particular pieces of work
- Planned support throughout the year
- Access to new initiatives and therapeutic support
- Advice and intervention prior to the request for an EHCP or CAMHS referral
- A flexible menu of support from individual casework, training or emotional support for staff
- A planned menu of support including: improving participation in learning, managing challenging behaviour, supporting emotional health and well-being, improving outcomes and supporting staff wellbeing.