Reporting an accident

Accident Reporting in Schools

For Employees Shropshire Council’s Online Accident & Incident Form Reporting System should be used. This is in line with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrence Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR). (Please see guidance in the Council’s Accident & Incident Reporting Arrangement).

For Non-employees e.g. visitors, parents and contractors the Online Accident & Incident Form should be used.

For Pupils ALL accidents/incidents and near-misses* need recording and records kept on the school premise. Due to the nature of the undertakings within schools, only accidents/incidents arising out of or in connection with the work activity will need reporting to the Local Authority via the Online Accident & Incident Form reporting system.  

Links to further resources