Frankwell car park (Tuesday 11th Feb)
As you are aware many local rivers are subject to flood due to the recent heavy rains.
As a result we have been advised that Frankwell Car park (adjacent to the UCS CPD Hub) will be shut on Tuesday 11th Feb with potential additional closures in the following days.
We would suggest:-
- Allow plenty of travel time in case you are diverted to alternative car parks. If you arrive at the Frankwell car park a barrier will be open/ closed on the entrance ramp indicating right of access.
- The Shropshire Council website will have more detailed and precise information on car park closures. This is the link to their webpages https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/parking/
- River level monitoring tool. This will show you predicted levels of water in the Frankwell area of Shrewsbury. A key height for car park closure is 2.90m. Please note this is a modelling tool but is used to inform and generate closures to car parks, etc.
- The nearest parking alternative is Raven Meadows Car Park (Post Code SY1 1PL). This multi storey car park is on the opposite side of the river to UCS. The footbridge from town across the river gives easy access to UCS. Please note this car park will not accept the permit for ‘free of charge’ parking. Therefore, parking charges will apply.
- The other alternative is to use one of the many ‘park and ride’ buses available from the periphery of the town. https://shropshire.gov.uk/public-transport/park-and-ride/park-and-ride-shrewsbury/
Should you require any further information then please do not hesitate to contact us on 01743 297168 or email email@example.com